[Farmall] OT: NY Times Online Article on IH Travelall + Memories

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 18 18:53:52 PDT 2007

Dad's boss drove one until the late '80's when his mechanic told him he just
couldn't patch it up any longer. It was either spend a fortune or junk it,
he chose to buy a foreign car. He did keep the IH pickup and tiltbed in
service until the dealership closed at auction in '91. The pickup was built
in the '60's--it spent its entire life outside and actually had very little
rust. Just don't get too fast shifting from 1st to 2nd as there was a little
wear that needed extra time to allow all the linkages to line up (straight
drive on the column).

John