[AT] Plowing in Ohio/Long

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Wed Sep 12 21:07:44 PDT 2007

    Keith;

    Start out by plotting a line parallel with the plow beams. Plot a line
1/3 of the way from the furrow side of the second moldboard. This will be
the point you want to pull from. Works as a starting point for both mounted
and pull type plows. Plow frame and tires should be in a straight line with
the furrow when plowing a normal furrow
    Measure from the furrow tire to the point of the first share. This needs
to be about 2 to 2 1/2 inches more than the cutting width of the moldboard.
I run at 19 inches on my 16 inch plows. Mounted plows are measured from the
tractor furrow tire.
    Check the landsides for excessive, uneven wear. If worn more on the back
than the front, you need to move the pull point to the right.
    After the plow is adjusted, THEN, you adjust the tractor wheels and
drawbar so the plow follows in the furrow.

                        Gene

    PPS, I was glad to help out with the engine.

                        GD