[AT] n ford charge system

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 8 10:35:14 PDT 2007

See my other post.. but in short.. that unit is A circuit.

Jumper bat to armature with engine not running to polarize

try to motor test.. if it motors, but woon't charge, start engine, and
jumper field to ground? charge no, then jumper bat to arm, if it starts
charging, then you have a bad regulator with either a bad field winding or a
bad cutout section..

See my previous post for more detailed info..

All ford 6v regulators ARE NOT the same... 8n regs were A circuit.. NAA and
hundred series regs are B circuit..  HUGE difference.

at 40$ a pop for a v-reg.. don't muck around.. do it right the first time..

Soundguy