[Farmall] H Generator problems

Ron Bledsoe ronbledsoe at wildblue.net
Wed Sep 5 12:04:11 PDT 2007

I have an H with magneto ignition.I had the generator rebuilt and the shop said the voltage regulator checked ok. I cannot get the amp meter to register a charge in either the H or L position on the switch. When you turn on the lights it shows a discharge. The voltage at the battery terminals shows 6.3-6.4 volts. The old delco remy switch is not available. I ordered a new switch, but it works the lights only.All the wiring has been replaced and the connections checked and rechecked. Is there a way to check the generator output other than the amp meter? OR??????
Thanks
Ron Bledsoe
Lexington, OK