[AT] Farmall B hydraulic

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Tue Sep 4 15:55:31 PDT 2007

The Super A and Farmall C were 113ci.  The Super C, 100, 130 etc. etc.
were 123.

IF you don't mind a "Frankenstein" you could get the engine, clutch
housing, instrument panel, and hydraulic unit from a Super A, C, etc.
Basically you would end up with a B transmission & rear end, a Super A
midsection, and a B front end.  The Touch Control hydraulics on these
tractors could then be plumbed for a remote valve for a grain drill,
etc.  I am assuming all this stuff would bolt right up, since I am
assuming, something will require "cutting and chopping" to fit!

The live hydraulic pump on a Super M, etc. (it would have been an add-on
on the M or H) is totally different and will not bolt up to the B block.

I guess if you really wanted to go Rube Goldberg you could get the belly
pump out of a H or M. It's self contained.  Plumb your remotes out of
it, and fix it to drive off the PTO/belt pulley.  It won't be live
hydraulics but you won't destroy the originality of your B like doing
the major transplant I mentioned first.

One more thought:  Somewhere I have seen an A/B with a hydraulic pump
that was part of the generator. It attached directly to the back of it
and supplied hydraulics for a cylinder.  I have no idea who made it.

Al