[AT] 71 Dodge Dart 340 (was: RE: grounded coil)

farmall36 at vci.net farmall36 at vci.net
Mon Sep 3 23:46:44 PDT 2007

I like the 4.30 to 1 gear best but stuck with a 3.91 for the good gas
mileage :-)
An not to start up the argument about grounding plastic coils (thats crazy I
dont see how it would ground anyways) What im talking about is, I think the
car runs better with the coil bolted down to intake manifold.
Than it does with coil laying around on manifold.
What are you all doing buying them high priced plastic coils thinking that
your tractors gonna run better ?
Get a coil for a 68-71 dart 340 at napa it just looks like a black coil in a
metal case and try it on your baddest tractor, it will run just as good as
the plastic stuff.
If its going to spark right it will run, o you will need to use a resistor
if you are running 12volt. I get all my coils at junkyard and resistors and
9 out of 10 are good.
Just the way I do it not reccomending anything.
Wheres Ron Myers ? anyone heard from him lately ?
Resistors with 2 sides are only 2 bucks at parts store.
The ones on older Mopar winshild wipers are ok they just have 1 side. I like
the 2 sided ones cause if yer working and 1 burns out just hook up other
side an keep on going.
Kevin Mosier