[AJD] Found some old pictures today...

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 12:31:10 PDT 2007

I am digging through my 'archives' today and stuck in
my Yakima Hitch file I found some old black and white
pictures that were in a box of stuff I found when my
grandparents passed away.

   Two are of the first tractor on the farm,  a GP,
and one is of what is now My A,  only when it was now
out in front of my Great Uncles house in the early
50's when the Skagit River flooded.

   The other two are of threshing operations,  one is
on my grandparents farm probably in the early teens,
I have no idea on the other.

    The last picture is of a modified truck and
trailer called 'Big Aggie'(named after his wife) built
by my great uncle in France in WWII.  He was in the
Corp. of Engineer's they used this set up to retreive
battle damaged tanks and haul them back to salvage or
rebuild.  Then General Eisenhauer saw this setup in
action.  He and his unit got some sort of comendation
for it,  and Freuhauf Trailer was out measuring and
taking pictures of it within a week to mass produce
it.   In his hand writing on the back of the picture
he wrote that the trailer would haul 60 tons.  I
remember him saying they had put a v-12 gas engine of
some sort in the truck,  and it had 3 transmissions.

     Farm Equipment Pictures:
http://public.fotki.com/jdnut/john-deere-equipment/old-black-and-white/family-equipment/

     Truck Picture:
http://public.fotki.com/jdnut/kenworth-trucks-1/big-aggie/bigaggie.html