[AT] 504 Farmall bearing cage

farmall36 at vci.net farmall36 at vci.net
Wed Oct 24 23:25:16 PDT 2007

 Mark it would be just like the other ones that I have busted, thin cast
iron. I am going to go with the cold rolled steel that Jones is going to
make for me.
Mike S  340 has the same bolster in it as this 504 I think but am sure the
center is the same. Easy on the bumps groundhog holes ect.
And the trouble with these salvage yards is they wont take apart the front
bolster for 1 piece, they want to sell the whole thing. Them dudes are
heavy, what I did last time it broke was pay for the complete bolster and
then have them remove the 4  3/8 bolts and pull the pivot assymbly out and
send it. I geuss they scrapped the rest of it. Hopefully this will be the
last time I have to do this, it is kinda mean getting that gear out of the
worm with the top bearing semi pressed in and the bottom bearing cage tight
also. All of a sudden its either in your lap or on the floor dropps like a
hammer. The 4 bolts are what presses everything back in just work around 1/2
turn at a time after the gear meshes with the worm enough for the bolts to
start, mean going back together also.
Thank yall I will keep the info for future use, im always needing something
for these old Farmalls. And any new place is good to know about.
Someone ask me why I dont sell these old tractors and buy a mahidra, I
laughed and said I will stay with what we have and welcome any more. Already
enough junk being shipped into USA from wherever they make them.
I know where our tractors were made at :-)
We did buy a hay mower 3-4 year ago that was made in turkey and it works as
it should. Seems to anyway after mowing with super C fast hitch pitman arm
sicle bar.
Kevin Mosier