[AT] Machinery storage update - LONG

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Oct 12 17:32:48 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----

> Greg    Don't forget to put some kind of vapor barrier under the roof
> steel.
> So that it don't rain condensation on everything. I did that to both of my
> barns and have never been sorry. I used Celotex and they installed it free
> only
> charged for material.    Del

    One of my neighbors put in fan-fold under-siding foam. It still sweats a
little. I convinced another neighbor to put down poly film under his crushed
stone floor and he thanked me several times for getting him to do it. I also
convinced him to not use golf ball sized crushed stone for a floor. I said
"you are at some point going to have to get down on that floor to work on
something. Think for a minute about dropping down on one knee on those sharp
edged big pieces of stone". If I recall correctly he used a thin layer of
sand over the plastic then a thick layer of 53's (base) and topped it off
with some very fine crushed limestone (about like coarse sand). I don't know
how it looks now since we later lost both he and his wife as friends during
their divorce... We keep losing friends like that...   :-(
    The neighbor that used the fan-fold has since converted that building to
a shop and has installed a full ceiling (metal) and full insulation in
ceiling and walls. He has also installed another larger building behind that
one for a tool shed. That one has a vapor barrier under the concrete floor.

--
"farmer"

When you reach the end of your rope
 tie a knot and hang on...