[AT] David Brown parts - made of gold?

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Oct 12 10:55:37 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mattias Kessén" <davidbrown950 at gmail.com>

> What I've bought to my DB wasn't particullary expensive. I've always
> thought that gold is green.
>
> Mattias

    Not just green, green and yellow together...   ;-)   neither color by
itself is too bad.  Actually I have usually found Deere's parts to be in the
ball park with everybody's. Some stuff is quite reasonable. I did think that
a carb float valve for my 1948 John Deere A was a bit much at $23 about 10
years ago but then a friend gave me an extra new one he had on hand for
free. He came out OK on it though as a few years later when his Deere 45
combine variable speed ground drive gave out I remembered his kindness and
gave him a complete good drive assembly off of one of the parts combines I
had then.

    On the other hand you could take a rusty old coffee can and paint it
green and yellow and put a JD decal on it and some fool would pay $100 for
it at an auction...   ;-)   ;-)   ;-)

--
"farmer"

When you reach the end of your rope