[AT] IH 82 Combine question

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Mon Oct 1 20:35:26 PDT 2007

Al:
Thanks!  When I was growing up we had a 64 combine which we used for 32
years.  These same parts on it all had grease fittings.  IN fact, that
combine took about an hour a day to grease.  However, never in the 32 years
did we have a bearing failure.  The 82 seems to have been manufactured at a
time when they were bent on sealed bearings and no grease, and in fact has
only 4 fittings on the whole machine (mainly on the PTO drive).

Greg