[AT] John Deere B questions

jahaze at aol.com jahaze at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 16:00:26 PDT 2007

My newest aquisition is a 1950's JD B, not sure of the year because the serial number tag is missing, but it is a six speed with the split shift column and clam shell fenders.? Anyway, after taking it off the trailer yesterday, the transmission locked up.? I tore things apart today to see what was going on and to make sure that everything seemed normal inside.? Well I suceeded in looking things over, and I had fun taking things apart, but in my haste to free up the gears, I broke the one of the shift forks.? It's the top one (closest to the front), which I think is the 4-6 fork? Anyway, does anyone have a spare one around, or know if it's still available from JD?? There's a complete transmission set on e-bay right now, but I hate to buy everything to get one little old shifting fork if I don't have too.? The sale ends in six days,so if?I don't hear by then, I'll start bidding on it.

I will also need some advice on?replacing it once I come up with a new one.? Thanks.

Enjoy, Joe?