[AT] Hay loading video

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Fri Oct 26 08:57:28 PDT 2007

Hello,

Passed this on to my father, he wrote back:

will,

Very interesting, be sure to watch when you get home.

This video shows a horse drawn hay loader.  When I first spent the summer on Aunt Mary's farm I drove the horses on the hay loader and the hired man loaded the hay.  The next year we had a Model A ford truck to pull the hay loader, and for many years thereafter.  after the war, 1946, we got the AC baler.

The hay loader that we had is this exact model, a McCormick Deering.  Before the loader was available, hay was pitched onto the wagons with pitch forks.

Dad
From: Mullrbob at wmconnect.com