[AT] Hay loading video

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Fri Oct 26 12:11:36 PDT 2007

    Dean

    Those were known as bundle wagons and used to haul the wheat and hay
bundles made by the binder.
    I was raised putting up hay loose like this, only being pulled by a
tractor.
    The Amish neighborhood I live in still make their hay loose and use only
horses. This is a common sight here in the summer and especially this year,
into the fall. Looks scary to see 2 or 3 boys not more than 5 or 6 years old
riding on the front standard and driving the horses.
    Most loaders here are IH and New Idea, New Idea used the riciprocating
slats with angled teeth to bring the hay up over a solid galvanized front
and saved more leaves than the over shot type in the video. IH later went to
this type.

                Gene