[AT] Hay loading video

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Fri Oct 26 10:33:26 PDT 2007

My memories aren't as happy.  A tractor could only be used for plowing and
pulling the disk.  Everything else was done with horses.

The loader in the video looks like the same McCormick one we had.

Our hay wagon only had a bulkhead on the front where two of the slings were
hung.

When the wagon was used to haul bundles to the (hired) separator we had a
bulkhead on the back too.

The same wagon was used when we picked corn by hand.  The sides we used were
only about a foot high in front, back, and one side.  The right side was
higher, a "bang board" so you could throw the ear without looking.

George Willer