[AT] G.O.O. at Asheville, N.C.

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 23 18:28:58 PDT 2007

Farmer, the ad states:    www.AppleCountry.com    ?  I did not have any
success with it.
Show is Oct 25, 26, 27 & 28, 2007.
Location is  N.C. Agriculture Center, Arden, N.C., which is across the road
from Asheville, N.C. Regional Airport, Fletcher, N.C.; both are less than
half mile from Exit 40 of I-26 at south edge of town.
This is one of my favorite shows; lot of old iron vendors and nut and bolt
and misc vendors.     An active railroad is close by on the east side.
If Barbara does not go along, I stay in pickup (with topper).     About 5
a.m., a jet takes off.      He must be overloaded because he is full
throttle, guarantee you he will awaken you.
Tractor pulls are under a large metal building, with that side open.
Bleachers are approx 100' long.     I have heard the tractor pulls have
been relocated, assume the bleachers have moved also.     The
"allischalmers.com" group normally meets at 12 for pix each day.
Bleachers work best for large groups, so probably that is where many will
be.  Also the Editor of Old Allis News has headquarters in a large tent
that enjoys a high visibility location; so this becomes another gathering
point.    I have been told this years tent is a white 60' x 100'.
Exhibitors entrance is half block south of the main buildings; the road
between airport and this Ag Center is north-south.
There are several good food stands, plus a decent restaurant in south west
corner of the main big building.
I plan bringing the mini G and a G with both RH & LH disc plows.
Hope to see you there.
Herb