[AT] 504 Farmall bearing cage

farmall36 at vci.net farmall36 at vci.net
Tue Oct 23 00:58:50 PDT 2007

 Sledride,  I called them this morning and they said they would try to find
one and call back. I was hoping that someone had an old 340-504 parts
tractor laying around. None of the local tractor boneyards had either of
these tractors. I carried it to the local machine shop this AM and he said
he could not make one. Only setup for engines, in the AM im going over to
Dawson Springs where I know they can make one.
I think that I can make one myself, if I can find a pipe 5" out side that
the bearing will fit in. A 3/8" plate and a1/4" plate for the top then just
true everything up and weld it together. Biggest problem is going to be
finding the 5"OD pipe the will accept the bearing on the inside.
I guess I need a lathe Need need need is what I do most , well hunting for
tools ect. I keep tools in the shop and 4 other buildings, if I put them all
in the shop I couldnt find anything either as it is loaded already.
Thanks for the info sledride.

Kevin Mosier