[AT] New F-12

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 8 18:47:32 PDT 2007

Tell us a little about it, such is the engine stuck, been raining down the
exhaust, shed kept older restoration, etc.

Assuming yours has been kept dry under a shed;
If you can turn the engine over without any tight spots, check for fire,
then fuel, then crank it up! It never hurts to pull the valve cover to make
sure nothing is frozen up, or else you get to pull it to see what is broken
(personal experience). As has been posted recently, watch for fuel pump
problems. If the diaphragm is bad, you'll wind up with a crankcase full of
gas. Personally I prefer to crank by means of a belt pulley the first time.
Once I'm sure timing and such is correct, then I try the crank. You could
tow it, just make sure the clutch is working properly.

If it has been outside, I'd proceed a bit more cautiously.

John Hall