[AT] Ford 6000 Commander

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Thu Nov 29 07:32:09 PST 2007

We had a Commander.  It was our primary tillage machine at the time.
It was turned up to ~85hp, dual 16.9x38 rubber and had several thousand
pounds of ballast.  Had no problem keeping up with the neighbor's 4020
in
the field.  With the exeption of the o-rings continually blowing out of
the accumulator system it was a darn good machine.  Never had any
problems
with the SOS.  A dealer overhaul on the engine is what did it in - they
neglected to properly torque the rear main cap and it spun the bearing
soon
after we put it back to work.

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416