[Farmall] oil pressure

Bob Currie tracturs at att.net
Sat Nov 24 17:13:37 PST 2007

Most of the unstyled IH products ran on pretty low oil pressure from what I have gathered. In trying to determine what is "good oil pressure" for a 10-20, 15-30, Farmall Regular or F-20/F-30, I'm getting all different kinds of information. So I figure the best way to determine the good or bad pressure is with the correct oil pressure gauge for my particular tractor(s). What I've found is pretty confusing. Two different part numbers for the 10-20, 15-30 gauge show using either a 4# gauge, or a 10# gauge. I see a very nice original gauge for a Regular/F-20 on Ebay right now and the seller says it tested for a 25# gauge. I talked to a couple of gauge remanufacturing people in our hobby and they say a #15 oil pressure gauge would be correct. So my question for you folks is where would you go to find the correct pressure listings and applications for the various tractors,, and how do you test a gauge to know what pressure reading it is showing? These old gauges don't have any meaningful numbers on them to use as a reference. So if the dial comes halfway up and it pointing straight up and down, is that 5lbs, 7.5lbs, or maybe 12.5lbs.?

bobcurrie