[AT] Old Cars & Trucks

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Wed Nov 21 18:10:58 PST 2007

In a message dated 11/21/2007 12:05:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:

[AT] Old  Cars & Trucks
When I was a  VERY young lad   my grampa and father   got a  2nd hand
USArmy duce and an half  as   are  only  grain truck  I loved that old thing --the
big wooden  steering wheel  and  OD paint inside the cab (it was barn red with
a  green bed other wise)  when I got to drive it  I was  having a  big time
as most  REALLY small kids would -- dad  had to  stopme  from  steering  side
to side   (he was loading  hay onto it... )

We   "Gave" that truck away  for $50  when grampa   blew the motor  on  it.
Dad then  built  up  a  48chevy tandem--- with  a motor from a  pontiac  -
sold  that
-   and then he got  the  48chevy my mothers dad had  baught new  ...  that
was to be my truck--- alas  someone  poured  Sugar into  the engine oil  and
that was   all  for that one...

I have had a soft spot for   those   late 40's  trucks  ever since--- I like
that  BIG ole'  smile'n   grill  and eyes  they have.