[Farmall] O/T...but serendipity

John Junkroski jpjunk at mc.net
Mon Nov 19 17:15:33 PST 2007

Jim,

If I can butt in..

Anything you can do to get the seed into intimate contact with the
soil will increase germination and therefore speed up the
establishment of your planting. Having the soil surface loosened up
and raking the seed into it is worth the effort.

I would have to agree that removing the rocks is not a major concern,
unless they're large and numerous enough to damage your machines.

Mixing the seed with moist vermiculite or sand or a wood-pulp medium
can also help retain moisture during the critical first few weeks.
Assuming the area is too large to "sprinkle" as one might do for a
seeded lawn, this can be important.
\
John