[Farmall] A McCormick Deering in need of help

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Nov 18 10:42:41 PST 2007

I received the following note from some folks who in the process of
restoring a McCormick Deering 10-20. I have posted the images at my
Fotki album:
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/mccormick-deering-10-20/>. Until I
have their permission to provide their Email identity, I will relay any
suggestions or comments you might have. I can also provide much larger
images off-line to anyone interested.

Mike

These are pictures I've taken already.  Note the two holes in the block
one on each side.  That's a challenge !!!!!!  I've tried to find a used
one but the cheapest I've found is $300.  That's way to much to pay.
We're going to try to weld it.  We knew about the one by the opening but
not the other one when we purchased it. That gear you helped us get out
looks just like new.  The radiator does not have any holes. The lugs
don't show wear.  We think by the looks of it when it was quite new it
blew up the block and it was just left to sit ever since.  It certainly
would be interesting to know the history behind the tractors.