[AT] Track loader update

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 12:09:10 PST 2007

In a message dated 11/13/2007 11:36:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
chill8 at suddenlink.net writes:
He told me he'd be willing to bet that it
wasn't the head gasket but instead was caused by hot spots in the water
jackets from rust build up

One way to determine if it is a cracked head or bad gasket is to put  the
radiator overflow tube into a pail of water using rubber or similar  tubing.
With the engine running vary the speed and observe the  results.  In my case with
cracked heads it was a very impressive  test.  The higher the engine Rpm's
the more bubbles.  One bad case  practically emptied the pail!  Had this problem
on a GM 71 series  diesel and JD diesel engine.
I was able to limp by on an International gas  engine with stop leak and lots
of water. It was the 304 engine in a 60's 1600  dump. Not many bubbles
indicated in the test but would push waster under heavy  load.

Gary
Renton WA.