[Farmall] O/T...."what can I grow"?

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 12 17:52:47 PST 2007

Never had much dealings with those tillers but I do know if you hang any big
rocks or stumps, you will seriously lighten your wallet! We fixed an almost
new one that a fellow bent the main shaft that the tines mount on. The IH
dealer dad worked for sold Howard roto-vators. They did a wonderful job but
took some serious HP and were slow. Not practical for fields but they sold
them to prep plantbeds.

If you can't find a tiller for the right price look into a chisel plow or a
sub soiler. Both can find out what your tractor is made of, but be careful
as these can be dangerous in "tight" ground.

Unless your ground is like cement, a decent harrow will probably suit your
needs just fine.
It may require more trips over the field but then again you were looking for
tractor time, right?

John