[AT] IH 350 update

toma toma at risingnet.net
Wed Nov 7 20:51:45 PST 2007

I finally got a chance to work on the 350 utility I picked up a while
back.I bought it with the understanding that the right rear wheel was
locked up. The seller said he had it running and it ran pretty good.

He had it moved in on a roll back truck and it had an old car hood under
the locked up wheel for a skid.

I had a roll back truck come and move it for me. When he went to winch it
on both back wheels were locked up. It loaded right on anyway. The guy
only charged me $150 to move it about 10 miles. To unload it he just
tipped it up and shook it off.

It turned out the brakes were stuck. I took them apart and it rolls free.
It looks like the brakes will just need a little cleaning up.

The gas tank needs to be cleaned but with gas from a gallon can the engine
started right up and does run pretty good. It makes a little blowby but an
oil change might help some.

The steering and the Fast Hitch do not work. I checked the oil level and
it was low and has water in it. I left it draining all week. I am planning
to pull the cover and clean the screen and whatever else I find. The
amnual says to use IH Fast Hitch fluid. Can't I just use regular hydraulic
oil?

Tom