[AT] More JD B transmission probems

John Boehm rustyacres at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 18:45:36 PST 2007

The fork that is broken in Joe's tractor was
definitely not used in the Model B.  That said, I took
another look at the parts catalog for the Model 50.
The 1st-3rd--reverse shifter that is broken on Joe's
tractor was used on the Model 50 from serial number
5031225 on up. Before that the earlier Model 50's used
the B2585R shift fork, which was also used on the late
Model B's. After further consideration, I think that
the original shifter fork on Joe's tractor had been
replaced at some point with the later Model 50
shifter. I think that this broken shifter could (and
should) be replaced with the B2585R shift fork that
was most likely originally installed on this tractor.
Joe was reasonably sure that he has a late Model B and
not a Model 50 (it would be easy enough to be sure
from various casting numbers), but his tractor is
missing the serial tag, so an exact model year may not
be able to be determined.

John Boehm
Woodland, CA
Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com