[Farmall] F-20 Oil filter

Ed Greany crest25 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 5 12:09:23 PST 2007

At the risk of being called a spammer, may I please offer you an option.
  I own three tractors. My favorite is a 46 Farmall H. I also own a Kubota and a Craftsman garden tractor for the small stuff.

  I am an authorized distributor for the Frantz Oil Filter of yesteryear. You old timers might recall back in the 60s and 70s we all had by pass oil filters on our GTOs, 55 Chevs, etc. that used a roll of toilet paper as the filtering cartridge. Yes, that's right you young whippersnappers. Don't turn your uneducated noses up at the idea until you know the facts.

  Anyway, I have one on one of my tractors and my cars. They work great. You can view them at www.wefilterit.com if you like but come back to me to purchase one. I sell them for less than the prices shown on the website to my tractor friends. You ARE my friend, right?

  All you need to do is change the T.P. filter cartridge everry 500 hours or so. In a car it is about 3000 miles but you are dealing with playing in your sandbox and it is a more dusty environment than tooling down the highway in your Caddy so I would change it more often. I'm not sure what 3000 miles equates to in hours on a tractor. I change mine before each heavy season.

  I'll be out of town from Wednesday until Monday next week so I won't be able to answer you. If you have questions, write today or tomorrow or after the 12th.

  My apologies for this sounding like a spam sales gimmick. Since the subject came up I thought I might have your solution.

  Good luck with whatever solution you decide on.

  Ed

Andy glines <pioneersop96 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  As I was loading the F-20 on the trailer at plow day
this weekend the oil filter started leaking badly
where the can fits to the base. The gasket had pushed
out. In trying to fix the leak I twisted the center
piece out of the pot metal base on the Purolator.
This is really no surprise as the base was, cracked &
warped when I got it. I'm really surprised that I was
able to make it this long with the old filter. I need
a new purloator oil filter for my F-20 or at least the
cast base. What other tractors used the same filter?

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN