[Ford-ferguson] NAA Ford Steering Box

John Smith jmsmith45 at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 2 17:42:37 PDT 2007

Jim,
 There is a thrust bearing under that spring. It's part number 8N3517 and you can get one from www.just8ns.com .
John
www.oldfordtractors.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Rigel
  To: ford-ferguson at lists.antique-tractor.com
  Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 9:39 AM
  Subject: [Ford-ferguson] NAA Ford Steering Box

  Hi,
  I have a 1953 NAA Ford Tractor.  I have the steering box apart, and
  have got new bearings for the steering shaft (The tapered barrel
  shaped roller bearings).  At the top of the shaft under the the
  steering wheel it has a spring and what may have been a thrust
  bearing.  It is badly rusted and does not seem to come off the shaft
  so shaft will not come out of the upper box cover and tube.  Does
  anyone know where I can get a replacement for this part?
  -Jim