[AT] Farmall M remote hydraulic valve stuck

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Mon May 7 13:48:29 PDT 2007

Dean,

If you let it soak in diesel fuel, like in say a gallon paint can, for a
couple of weeks it might work itself free.

If you decide to keep at it like you are now you might one day squirt the
penetrating oil of your' choice down the top of the spool, as your' picture
indicates, and then the next day turn the valve upside down and squirt the
oil in the bottom.  As I am sure you know, you can tap the spool in these
Farmall Christmas Tree valves from either end (just remember if you do it
from the bottom to not scour the sides of the bore.

I don't think you are going to know whether or not the valve is salvageable
until you get the spool out.  Light use of say 600 grit paper will let you
polish up the spool and bore.  The single O-ring on the spool is available
from your' Case IH dealer.  I have five of these valves that I think are all
good and a sixth that I broke the spool on when getting in too big of a
hurry to try and get it out.  From the looks of its' bore and the spool I
think it would have been a workable valve.

Good luck -
Dudley
Snohomish, Washington