[AT] Case 500 - Actual tractor question

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Thu May 31 17:05:47 PDT 2007

    Rick;
    I will help if I can. Some parts sources are Don Livingston in Austin,
Minnesota, Johh Saeli in Geneva, New York. Rickert Implement in Wisconsin,
Joe Peeper, in Enid, Oklahoma and Dave Reed at Otto Gas engine in Elkton,
Md. I can send you an e-mail if you need more information on these
suppliers.
    I believe the manifolds from a 900 and 930 will fit this engine, may be
a way to go.
    Being that the engine was stuck and you already have the heads off, I
would go ahead and install a new set of rings. Dave Reed can supply these.
Phone him at 410-398-7340.
    Some of these suppliers may be able to get gaskets sets for this engine.
I would buy the head gaskets from CaseIH. I seem to have better luck with
these gaskets. Many transmision and rear drive parts are the same as LA and
many engine and clutch parts are common to 600, 900 and early six speed
930's.
    Hope this helps as a primer to get you started.

            Gene Dotson,  De Graff, Ohio