[AT] OT NuGrape, back to tractors

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Thu May 31 11:18:18 PDT 2007

Sure, Ron.  I literally have lost track of how many tractors have come
through my shop in the process of restoration.  Sometimes they're for me,
other times they're paid jobs for customers.  But I have two "keepers" that
will probably still be mine until I die.  One of those is a trailer queen
that just goes to shows, but the other is a work tractor that is slowing
emerging from being headed for a salvage yard.  I'm forever looking for a
parts tractor and have bought several over the years, but when I start
looking carefully, there is just too much good stuff left on them to even
start cannibalizing.  Those are the ones that I put back in mechanically
sound condition and sell to others who want to do the cosmetic stuff of
straight sheet metal, a good paint job, and new decals.

If you want to have fun sometime, try restoring a sickle bar mower that has
been buried in the dirt in Georgia for 20 years or so.  It's one thing to
clean it up and give it a coat of paint.  It's something else to have it cut
grass again.

Larry