[AT] Rim Repair

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Thu May 31 03:48:21 PDT 2007

Hello,

In my ongoing efforts to keep my tractors from rusting away I am now considering rim repair.

My WD has a rusted rim that is eaten away around the valve stem and the rubber protector is pushing out... I'm wondering if I should try to fix it or just bite the bullet and replace the rim?

I have a pair of Allis C rims that were repaired, and the person who fixed the rim did a nice job.

I guess the decision will be based on how bad the rim is when I get the tire off.....

I have been using my 3pt backhoe to break the tires off of the rims.

After I get the WD fixed I have the same issue with my D17 and my WC.....

There aren't enough hours in a minute...

Regards,

Will Powell
Pottstown, PA