[AT] OT NuGrape, Beeman's Pepsin Gum etc (Country Store)

Danny Tabor dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 09:01:05 PDT 2007

I have to agree with you, Rick. The stories and
memories shared on ATIS won't be found in text books.
Thats what I used to enjoy about Cecil Monsons
writings for the list, he wasn't afraid to talk about
his life and experiences and not hold back just
because this is a tractor list.
       Its funny how talking about soda or anything
really can bring memories of the past to a person. I
can't help but to think about the time I had taken
Elmer Janney (now passed) to the Gap diner (PA) and he
started the conversation by saying.    "Of course it
was a lot different then but this is where I drank my
first Coca Cola"  It turned out as a child his father
took him along to Gap, Pa too meet with a couple Case
salesmen about purchasing a new thresher. The salesmen
purchased him and his father a Coke before sitting
down and discussing details of their thresher.
        I don't know if it was the soda that helped
him remember that day so well or not. I do know it was
soda that started the conversation and took it to a
time and place my generation and others after mine
will never see. And so I enjoy all the conversations
on the list from times gone by, no matter what topic
triggers them.

Danny Tabor