[AT] Rim Repair

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu May 31 04:21:32 PDT 2007

The common way to address your problem with the valve stem hole is to
patch it over and drill a new hole at another point on the rim. In a
pinch, I have used a large 1/2" washer, bent to match the contour of the
rim and epoxied into position around the corroded hole.

And I generally use my Case loader bucket on one side and a grader blade
mounted on one of the Farmalls on the other (which keeps the whole mess
from tipping) to remove really stubborn old tractor rears. I am not
skilled (or patient) enough to use a bead breaker maul. If the tire is
beyond saving, I just cut the whole mess off with a "Sawz-All" and cold
chisel the bead wires. :-)

Mike