[AT] Old tractor economics

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Wed May 30 16:59:28 PDT 2007

Ouch.  Should have left this alone, but out of curiousity I added up the
many little parts and repairs I've bought for my M Farmall since I bought it
last August.  Only a few purchases were over a hundred bucks, but there were
sure a lot of $20s and $50s and such.  My thousand-dollar M is now up to
darn near $3000, and I'll go over that if I spring for the new front tires
that it needs.  I figure I'd be lucky to get half that if I sold it.

So I'm telling myself that money bought me a lot of entertainment and
satisfaction, and next year or next decade when I get around to moving back
to the country I'll be glad to have this solid old girl in such good shape.
Still does need those tires, though.  And I always liked those light-bar
toolboxes... might have to keep an eye out for one of them.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net