[AT] OT NuGrape Soda--now other bottled drinks available?(Yes)

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Wed May 30 08:46:33 PDT 2007

Here is the actual message that Gerald tried to send to the list.

Charlie

Al,  the glass bottles are still available.  Last year I built and opened a
small "general store" on our farm and try to
stock many of the items I remember from my grandfather's store when I was a
kid.  You can get the "long neck" glass
bottle drinks from most distributors but they are much more expensive than
they once were.  Dr. Pepper Bottling Company in
West Jefferson, NC sells Mtn. Dew, Cheerwine, Grape and Orange Nehi, etc. in
the long neck glass bottles with the pop off
metal cap.  I think they sell wholesale for somewhere around $14 for a case
of 24.

Some Wal-Mart SuperCenters that sell food also sell glass bottle Orange
Crush, Grape Crush and Cheerwine for $2.50 per six pack.
Nothing tastes quite like a cold Orange Crush with a pack of peanuts poured
in it....at least to me.   I try to have at least one a day. 8-)
We probably sell more Orange Crush and IBC root beer in glass bottles than
all other drinks combined.

Gerald Johnson
Western North Carolina
http://www.blueridgegeneralstore.com