[AJD] 1945 A surging

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 19:28:41 PDT 2007

   Ok,  I have seen posts on this subject before,  I
am hoping I am not missing anything.

   My 1945 A is surging.  I assumed the idle
passageway is clogged,  as I can unscrew and remove
the idle needle from that carb while running,  and it
does not affect the tractor at all.  1/3 - 1/2 choke
evens it out.  However,  at high speed it loads up and
runs like the choke is on..

   So,  I drilled all the passageways on the carb this
morning.  Nothing bad found,  the idle passage way was
crusty,  but I don't think it was clogged.

   I also sprayed around the manifold while it was
running to see if there were any leaks.. No dice..  I
also removed all the water and crap from the air
cleaner cup,  cleaned it out,  filled it with oil and
attached the intake elbow that was not installed prior
to today.  Still,  no change.

   I did not pull the center brass tube out of the
carb to clean it.  I also have not tried to adjust the
govenor rod, (the rod has been altered by mr. farmer
so it will take some work to get that done)

    The tractor runs stong,  does not smoke...  When I
have time next week I will try the governor linkage
adjustment,  is there anything else I am missing?  The
govenor moves freely..

                     Chris

____________________________________________________________________________________Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.