[AT] Muffler Rust Prevention???

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Thu May 24 09:43:27 PDT 2007

Kind of truck related, but tractor related also.

I was wondering what the best method is for protecting an exhaust system?

My 1985 Ford F250 Diesel gets about 2000 miles per year on it. It sits outside and while examining the 3 year old exhaust system I noticed that it is oxidizing heavily....

My grandfather had a taxi business for 50 years, he rarely had exhaust issues,because the cars were always running the mufflers never got around to rusting...

Should I get some silver high heat paint? Is it going to make a difference? Or is it waste of time because it will burn off...?

I have sprayed my Allis Chalmers mufflers from time to time, I think it helps, the stay painted for a while....

How about manifolds? Does anyone paint their manifolds?

Regards,

Will Powell