[AT] Fwd: Want cheaper gas to keep the old iron running? Review of prices of other items.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed May 23 09:59:52 PDT 2007

Cecil Bearden wrote:

> I cannot buy the line that gasoline is only in keeping with inflation.
> The 2 items that stand out in inflated prices is fuel and vehicles. Fuel
> prices in the US drive inflation.  We have not begun to really feel the
> effect high fuel prices are going to cause in the next year.
>
> I only wish I could find my old Agriculture Economics professor who told
> me in 1973 that small tractors would be a premium in 20 years.
> Just my $.02
> Cecil in OKla

Cecil, I would agree with your list but would add fertilizer to it. The
cost of anhydrous ammonia went up by almost 100% since last fall. Guys
were putting it on for 30 cents a pound in October and I paid 55 cents a
pound this spring. Incredible!. So much for higher grain prices giving
us any benefit this year.

Ralph in Sask.