[AT] Allis C Oil Pump....

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Tue May 22 09:17:34 PDT 2007

On some of the Westfalia vane type vacuum pumps the individual vanes were
cut in half at about a 45 degree angle and were held against the outer
circumference of the housing by centrifugal force the split allowed the end
slack to be taken up.  As has been said before this is probably more than
you needed to know.

On 5/22/2007 5:44:40 AM, william.neff.powell at comcast.net wrote: > Carl, > >
Actually, there are no gears on the C oil pump.... It is a vain pump that >
spins directly off of the camshaft. I can't remember if it has two vain
s/brushes that push out or one... > > Since the vain(S) are constantly
pushed out via a spring they should always be tight... > > I think you are
right, it probably has worn a gap between the plate and the spinning portion
of the pump... > > Just wondering if anyone else has solved an oil pump
problem on a C.....? > > Regards, > > Will Powell > -------------- Original
message ---------------------- > From: "Carl gogol" <cgogol at twcny.rr.com> >
> Is it possible the clearance between the gears and the housing have worn
and > > are too wide on your oil pump? Seems like the spec on the D-14 is
about > > 0.005" -- it is relatively easy to lap the housing to bring the
clearance > > back to the spec, In my case the cover was grooved by the
gears and I just > > lapped the cover to take the grooves mostly out.
Anybody with a repair
H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA