[AT] Allis C Oil Pump....

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Tue May 22 03:44:40 PDT 2007

Carl,

Actually, there are no gears on the C oil pump.... It is a vain pump that spins directly off of the camshaft. I can't remember if it has two vains/brushes that push out or one...

Since the vain(s) are constantly pushed out via a spring they should always be tight...

I think you are right, it probably has worn a gap between the plate and the spinning portion of the pump...

Just wondering if anyone else has solved an oil pump problem on a C.....?

Regards,

Will Powell
From: "carl gogol" <cgogol at twcny.rr.com>