[AT] Allis C Oil Pump....

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Mon May 21 17:39:37 PDT 2007

Is it possible the clearance between the gears and the housing have worn and
are too wide on your oil pump?  Seems like the spec on the D-14 is about
0.005" -- it is relatively easy to lap the housing to bring the clearance
back to the spec,  In my case the cover was grooved by the gears and I just
lapped the cover to take the grooves mostly out.  Anybody with a repair
manual on the C should be able to find that spec for you.  Or perhaps the
pump is different than the D series - but AC was really good about reusing
solid designs.
In my case, I still needed a new spring and ball for the relief to restore
full pressure.
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
AC One Seventy diesel