[AT] Why we did not have a Drug Problemssssssss

Paul pwaugh at mchsi.com
Mon May 21 15:06:02 PDT 2007

WOW, my kind of words

Paul Waugh

-----Original Message-----
From: at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
[mailto:at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com] On Behalf Of John Grant
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 5:29 PM
To: ATIS
Subject: [AT] Why we did not have a Drug Problemssssssss

Subject: Why we did not have a Drug Problemssssssss

  As an old guy I can tell you this is 100% on the target.

  Subject: : Being drugged
  The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a  Methamphetamine

lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the  adjoining county and he asked

me a rhetorical question, "Why didn't  we have a drug problem when you and I

were growing up?"

 I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church  on
Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I  was drug
to family reunions and community socials no matter the  weather. I was drug
by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I  was also drug to the
woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a
 lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect,  spoke ill

of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my  best effort in
everything that was asked of me.

 I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap  if I
uttered a profanity. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's  garden and
flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields. I was drug
 to the homesof family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor  soul
who had noone to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop  some
firewood; and,if my mother had ever known that I took a single  dime as a
tip for thiskindness, she would have drug me back to the  woodshed. Those
drugs are still in my veins and they affect my
 behavior in everything I do, say,and think. They are stronger than
cocaine, crack, or heroin; And, if today's children had this kind of  drug
problem, America would be a better place.
  ~author unknown~

 God bless the parents who drugged us!