[AT] Fwd: Want cheaper gas to keep the old iron running? Sorry, I forgot...

D8RMAN at aol.com D8RMAN at aol.com
Sat May 19 02:04:49 PDT 2007

I don't feel that the USA producing more of its own oil is being selfish in
anyway, especially when OPEC is a monopoly that jacks up prices unjustly. I
wish  we didn't have to import any oil but that's not been the case for over 50
years.  I feel we don't need to ratify Kyoto because it is a bunch of BS!
There is no  global warming! Al Gore's movie is a lie! Al Gore stated in his book
that the  Internal Combustion Engine is more dangerous to us than Terrorism,
that's  ridiculous. Our antique tractors use Internal Combustion Engines. I
like clean  air and water but Al Gore is a nut that I won't ever believe him. Oh
and he  invented the internet, so he has said. Willard Smith

Comments  welcome supporting the other side...

Rog, I'll support the Democrats on  the environment.  We (not just the
U.S., but everyone) really are  raping the planet.  Bush has a terrible
record.  I don't see why  we don't ourselves ratify Kyoto, myself.  So
no, Republicans don't all  wear white hats.  On the issue of oil
production, however, the lines  are pretty clearly drawn, even if the
legislation is being put forward for  selfish reasons on the Republicans'
part.  I think (hope) there can be  successful cohabitation of
environmental concerns with economic  concerns.

Rick