[AT] Fwd: Want cheaper gas to keep the old iron running? Sorry, I forgot the attachment (see below)

Rick Weaver Rick_Weaver at hilton.com
Fri May 18 14:46:44 PDT 2007

All,

The original suggestion was to elect representatives that would allow
more oil drilling and building of refineries.  Please review the links
provided here and let me know where I'm wrong in singling out one party.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/03/AR200701
0301857.html

http://priceofoil.org/2007/01/05/democrats-target-energy/

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-01-18-house-oil_x.htm

http://starbulletin.com/2006/08/27/news/story07.html

This is one from the GOP site, so it is definitely one-sided.  But the
voting record can speak for itself.

http://www.gop.com/News/Read.aspx?ID=6259

Comments welcome supporting the other side...

Rog, I'll support the Democrats on the environment.  We (not just the
U.S., but everyone) really are raping the planet.  Bush has a terrible
record.  I don't see why we don't ourselves ratify Kyoto, myself.  So
no, Republicans don't all wear white hats.  On the issue of oil
production, however, the lines are pretty clearly drawn, even if the
legislation is being put forward for selfish reasons on the Republicans'
part.  I think (hope) there can be successful cohabitation of
environmental concerns with economic concerns.

Rick