[AT] lots of cheap gas in Brazil !@#$%

Claudeprintequip at aol.com Claudeprintequip at aol.com
Fri May 18 12:18:43 PDT 2007

In a message dated 5/18/2007 11:08:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:

Want  cheaper gas to keep the old iron running?
Short of moving to Brazil there are still alternatives.

Why wouldn't gas turbine engines work well in tractors or other  equipment
using fixed governed speed?
Military aircraft boneyards are filled with lots of good old abandoned
turbojets. The overall economy
might not be too good but fuel cost would go down for the occasional use  of
the old Allis B with a good
gas turbine engine replacement. I've heard  a gas  turbine will run on anythin
g just slightly more volatile than asphalt.  Allis Chalmers developed a fuel
cell powered tractor but I don't recall any  tractor manufacturer working on
the gas turbine idea.   Don't remember  Chrysler making any tractors.

The link below shows a little history and development of gas  turbine engines
in the auto industry.

Where is  really good mad scientest when you need one.   Tesla, Edison,
Einstein or one of
their ilk could take and Idea like this and run with it.

Claude
Tontitown, Arkansas

_http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?src=websearch&requestId=4adfe5e03e688bd5&c
lickedItemRank=6&userQuery=chrysler+turbojet&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.t
urbinecar.com%2Fsia%2Fsia127.htm&title=Driving+Chrysler%26%2339%3Bs+Bronze+Blo
wtourch&moduleId=matchingsites.jsp.M&clickedItemPageRanking=6&clickedItemPage=
1&clickedItemDescription=WebResults_
(http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?src=websearch&requestId=4adfe5e03e688bd5&clickedItemRank=6&userQuery=chrysler+turbo
jet&clickedItemURN=http://www.turbinecar.com/sia/sia127.htm&title=Driving+Chry
sler's+Bronze+Blowtourch&moduleId=matchingsites.jsp.M&clickedItemPageRanki
ng=6&clickedItemPage=1&clickedItemDescription=WebResults)