[AT] Gas turbines in tractors

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:31:46 PDT 2007

Gas turbines were used in the IH experimental tractor, more than one
Indy car, and some railroad locomotives. They're used in propelling
some ships too. As far as dust, can you imagine a more dusty
environment than the helicopters and tanks encounter in the desert of
Iraq? They have turbines and seem to get along fine. They've come a
long way from the disaster that happened in Iran (where I think the
military helicopters used in the failed attempt to rescue the embassy
hostages were overcome by dust).

Just my observations.

Ken in AZ

(AZ is where they tested tank engines during WWII so they could make a
better air filter to survive North Africa)