[AT] Welding Grousers...?

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Mon May 14 05:51:02 PDT 2007

Has anyone had success welding grousers on their old dozer pads?

I have an AC HD6G with worn pads. A previous owner had welded some on but most of the welds have not held and many have been lost..... I am knocking pad bolds off at an alarming rate due to lack of grousers...  The grousers are the short type about 5/8 inch high...

I know the pads have a high carbon content so they don't take very well to welding...

Whats the best method, mig, stick, type of rod to use?