[AT] engine oil spurting out dipstick

John Quinn quinnj at lara.on.ca
Sat May 12 18:38:18 PDT 2007

Hi ATIS
I noticed oil spurting out the dipstick on my MF20 diesel tractor.  I am led to believe that this tractor has the same engine as is in the MF135, a Perkins 3 cylinder.  My first check was the rad for coolant but it was right full and looks OK.  The engine oil seems to be diluted with diesel fuel and is all the way to the top of the dipstick.  Is it possible that the diesel fuel is leaking into the crankcase?  I'm wondering if it might be the fuel lift pump with the manual lever.  Does it have a diaphram that can split and let fuel past and into the engine?  Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
John